Lectrosonics MTCR Miniature Bodypack Digital Audio Recorder with M152 Lavalier
The Lectrosonics MTCR is a miniature bodypack digital audio recorder with an M152/5P lavalier mic. Designed to clip directly on your talent, it captures audio with time code in circumstances where a wireless transmitter is impractical but high-quality recording from a lav microphone is essential. This professional recorder is ideal for difficult audio capture in situations such as extreme sports, wedding videography, public events, complicated documentary shoots, or reality shows.
The miniature size is critical to the MTCR's appeal. The recorder weighs only 2.5 oz (with AAA battery) and offers a truly tiny form factor that is unobtrusive and easily hidden in garments and costumes. It is also easy to conceal when used as a "plant" microphone to capture environmental or location sound.
The MTCR provides a headphone output for monitoring the input signal during setup or listening to previously recorded files. Please note that the headphone output does not send audio while recording.
In keeping with typical Lectrosonics mechanical designs, the housing is machined from a solid aluminum billet for the ruggedness needed in field production. The MTCR records to a microSDHC card (up to 32GB) and runs for over 6.5 hours on a single lithium AAA battery.
In addition to the lavalier mic, a 16GB microSDHC, a belt clip, and a AAA battery are included so you have everything you'll need to get started right out of the box.
Time Code and Broadcast Wave Format
- Professional-quality digital audio recordings in 24-bit/48 kHz Broadcast Wave format
- The industry-standard BWF/.WAV file format is compatible with essentially any audio or video editing software.
- The time code input allows you to jam sync the recorder to your timecode source at the start of the production.
- The audio data file contents include a timing reference to make it easy to synchronize audio in the timeline.
Versatile Input Connection
- The industry standard TA5M input connector accepts any mic- or line-level signal and provides bias voltage to power a wide variety of electret lavalier microphones.
- The input connection and wiring is compatible with microphones pre-wired for "compatible" and "servo bias" configurations to feed 5-pin inputs on Lectrosonics wireless microphone transmitters.
Two Record Modes and Recovery Process for Safe Recording
- HD Mono mode records a single audio track—up to 46 hours on a 32GB card.
- Split Gain mode records two different tracks, one at the normal level and another at -18 dB as a “safety” track that can be used in place of the normal track in the event that overload distortion (clipping) has occurred on the normal track—up to 23 hours on a 32GB card.
- The recorder allows for a wide range of input gain adjustments for mic- to line-level signals.
- Recordings can be reliably recovered even if the card is accidentally removed or the battery dies while a recording is in progress.
Easy to Setup and Control via App
- Setup and adjustments are made through an intuitive interface provided by the keypad and LCD.
- The Locked mode protects the recorder from accidental changes to its settings.
- Convenient remote control is provided via the PDRRemote app (available separately) for iOS and Android.
- The recorder backlight can be set to turn off after either 5 minutes or 30 seconds, or to stay on continuously.