Attention all grill masters and barbecue aficionados!
The 10th Annual Lone Star Mixer Mixer is right around the corner and we couldn't be more excited to announce our main event: the Lone Star Mixer Mixer BBQ Competition!
You and your team of up to 4 smokin' soundies have the chance to showcase your skills and impress the judges (AKA all the hungry guests) with your mouthwatering meats and non-meats alike. And the best part? The winning team will go home with a $250 gift card to Dependable Expendables, an extra raffle ticket, and the highly coveted Lone Star Mixer Mixer Championship Buckle.
So gather your friends, fire up the grill, and get ready to smoke the competition at the 10th Lone Star Mixer Mixer on February 5th. Be sure to check out the rules below.
P.S. Don't forget to bring enough to feed 12 adults or risk the wrath of hangry judges. Good luck!
Barbeque Competition Rules and Regulations:
- Teams: Teams participating in the competition may consist of up to 4 members. Registration is required so we know how many to expect and can be completed here.
- Eligible Meats: All meats and non-meats are eligible for competition. It is up to the team to decide what they will be cooking and presenting for judging.
- Judging: Judging will be conducted by guests at the event. Each guest will be provided with a scorecard to rate the teams on various criteria, including taste, appearance, and overall presentation. The team with the highest overall score will be declared the winner.
- Quantity: Competitors should be prepared to feed 12 adults. This means that each team should have enough food to serve at least 12 people.
- Winner: The winner of the competition will be announced at the end of the event. They will receive a $250 gift card to Dependable Expendables, an extra raffle ticket, and the "Lone Star Mixer Mixer Championship Buckle" for 1 year (or until next Lone Star Mixer Mixer). The winning team will also have the opportunity to defend their title at future events.
- Additional Rules:
- All teams must provide their own cooking equipment and ingredients.
- Serving time is officially 2:30pm
- You may cook your entries on site or at home and bring with. It's up to you, BUT it must be cooked by you and your team.
- Teams are responsible for cleaning up their own cooking area after the competition.
- Any team found to be in violation of these rules may be disqualified at the discretion of the judges.
- Serving utensils will be provided.
- Deadline for registration is Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 10am CST